Bicycle along the Finnish coastline through beautiful seaside settings. You will pass beautiful sceneries, forests, lakes, coastal beaches and small idyllic villages. You stay overnight in small hotels and B&Bs and relax yourself in Finnish saunas. Local fresh and pure food and delicacies are served in the breakfast and also in small restaurants and cafes along the route. The route is well suited for those who are not in a hurry and want to enjoy the idyllic scenery and sights along the way. You cycle along small countryside roads, well maintained forest paths and scenic cycle routes. Part of the routes is travelled by boat where you can bring your bicycling equipment along. The route is in total a bit over 200 kilometers long. The route includes an archipelago ferry between Hanko and Kasnäs.
The route is moderately easy, relatively safe and is suitable for those who regularly take part in some form of moderate exercise. The majority of the route passes over hilly and relatively flat terrain. Best suited for adults and teenagers. The cycling trip will take you for the most part along existing light traffic routes, public and private roads, forest roads and maintained trails. Exercise caution when cycling on the public road sections of the route.
The timetables and booking possibilities for the Coastal Route ferries, accommodation and sights are all found on the map below. A more detailed map with accommodation, sights, restaurants and ferry routes is found as an e-publication by pressing here.
The Coastal Route Bicycle Rental System
16 bicycle rental outlets work togehter along the Coastal Route, giving you the possibility to rent from one place and return the equipment somewhere else. Bicycles for adults and childrens, plus other equipment you might need, is rented out with availability from one day to many weeks long trips. The rental price per days gets cheaper the longer you are out. See more about the rental system and prices on https://www.carfield.fi/en/prices.html
- Vestlax | Vestalaxvägen 1219A, Vestlax | +358 50 556 47 02
- Bjärkas Golf | Västanfjärdsvägen 655, Nivelax | www.bjarkas.com
- Seaside LKV | Kärrasandsvägen 62, Kimitoön | www.seasidelkv.fi
- Söderlåndvik gård | Amos Anderson vägen 2, Kimitoön | www.soderlangvik.fi
- Dalsbruk Guest Harbor | Stallbacksvägen, Dalsbruk | www.d-marin.fi
- Kasnäs | Kasnäsvägen 1294, Kasnäs | www.kasnas.com
- Rosala Viking Centre | Reimarsvägen 5, Rosala | www.rosala.fi
- Hotel Fjalar | Rinteentie 5 , Salo | www.fjalar.fi
- Hotel Salora | Salorankatu 5-7, Salo | www.astrumkeskus.fi
- Sokos Hotel Rikala | Asemakatu 15, Salo | www.sokoshotels.fi
- Mathildan Marina | Ruukinrannantie 4, Mathildedal | www.mathildanmarina.fi
- Café Vinssi | Irmer Stenbergin tie 20, Förby | www.cafevinssi.fi
- Ravintola Nixor | Niksaarentie 340, Förby | www.nixor.fi
Raseborg / Raasepori:
- Kopparö Camping | Fåfangövägen 57, Raseborg | www.kopparo.fi
Ekenäs / Tammisaari:
- Motel Marine | Kammakaregatan 4-6, Ekenäs | www.motelmarine.fi
- Cafferiet, Ekenäs | Museigatan 2, Ekenäs | www.cafferie.fi
Hanko / Hangö:
- Cafferiet, Hanko | Merikatu 1, Hanko | www.cafferiet.fi
(Not part in the system above)
- Peninsula bike rental | Honkatie 7, Hanko | www.bikerental.fi
Things to See & Experience Along the Coast Route
- Nature experiences at the Teijo national park
- The Idyllic Teijo ironworks villages: Mathildedal, Teijo, Kirjakkala
- The changing exhibitions and concerts at the Salo Art Museum Roundhouse
- Historical perspectives in Halikko; Wiurila Manor and Rikalanmäki
- Summer events in Salo; The Suvisalo evening market every Thursday in the summer and the delightful summer theater performances around Salo
- Best in Finland; The Salo marketplace and Salo sports park
Kimitoön Islands, the gate to the Archipelago Sea
- Experience the foremost sights of the archipelago sea, like the Bengskär lighthouse, Örö fortress island and Rosala Viking center
- Experience Finland’s most idyllic cafeteria Farmors café in the Högsåra historic pilots’ villiage
- The Kasnäs Archipelago Spa, Dalsbruk ironworks villages Strandhotellet and the Örö hotel are great base camps for you who want archipelago adventures
- On the Kimitoön island, there are rental cottages with own beaches to be found for every taste
Expecience Hanko, the Sunny South of Finland
- The southpoint of mainland Finland & Tulliniemi nature trail
- The historic Spa Park & Hanko Casino
- Cruises to lighthouses & seal safari
- Wellbeing & spa
- 30 km sandy beaches & activities by the Sea
- Hot summer events
Experience close to the Coastal route in Raseborg
- Picturesque Ekenäs by the sea with a cosy Old Town and small town charm.
- Friman’s village shop and cheese factory in Tenala.
- Dagmar Park by the sea with beaches, forests and a natural spring.
- Enchanted Forest-trail (Trollskogsrundan) by Ekenäs Port; lakes, places to rest and a lean-to.
- The beautiful, historical ironwork Fiskars Village
- Local food and colorful summer markets.
- Events, design, crafts and art.